I did the easy part now you do the hard part; follow dot points.
* * * 80 Thank you comments * * *

Monday, April 6, 2009

Vista: Can't add shortcuts into the All Programs section

Can't add shortcuts into the All Programs section in Vista. I've had this issue for a while too not sure if its a vista bug or if I've just screwed up soemthing in vista but ATM I am quite hating Vista's All Programs sections.

To workaround this issue of not being able to add new shortcuts:

  1. Start > All Programs
  2. Right-click on a folder in the list
  3. Select "Explore" from drop down menu
  4. The shortcut folder that you clicked should show up
  5. Click back OR use the breadcrumb at the top and get into the "Programs" fodler
  6. Paste the shortcut into that folder

    ACTUALLY there is a simpler way:
  1. Open up: C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs in windows explorer
  2. Paste shortcut into that folder

1 comment:

  1. Certainly not, I work on this site mainly for the comments like yours =)

    thank you for your feedback, I will continue to battle errors out and out them in a nutshell for you all.

    ReplyDelete