I did the easy part now you do the hard part; follow dot points.
* * * 80 Thank you comments * * *

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Upgrading/install new HDD in laptop, not showing up in My Computer

Simple, Your new HDD (upgrade) is a new HDD and so your laptop has no idea who it is. Assign it a drive letter and your computer will acknowledge who it is.

  • Right-click My computer > Manage > disk Management
  • Should have a pop up window, follow the prompts and assign partition method (MBR I would recommend after reading the warning inside the pop up window)

  • Right-click the new HDD in the main window (should be a HDD that is black coloured and says Unallocated)

  • New simple volume > assign space and drive letters as required. Set space to max if you want 1 partition but if want more than 1 then you much around with it, if you know what you are doing.

A really simple solution to a simple problem really but hahah well I kinda forgot and I thought I had a dud HDD but it was hot so it was on and connected, so yeah here you have it~

No comments:

Post a Comment