I did the easy part now you do the hard part; follow dot points.
* * * 80 Thank you comments * * *

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lightweight PDF Viewer (SumatraPDF)

I got copped with a 33MB update file from Adobe Reader and that's what tipped me off to get a better PDF viewer.

SumatraPDF is my new replacement:

  • At first the lacking of interface buttons compared to Adobe does put you off but then when you use it for a while you realise that you never used those buttons on Adobe anyways.
Goods:
  • Small download file
  • Opens very quickly
  • Does the job
  • Has the option (on by default) to remember where you last read the PDF up to, very good idea and tool if your reading Uni lecture notes or a big e-book, you'll want to not have to use bookmarks or remember page numbers. This alone is a great competitive advantage. Adobe may have had this feature, I am not sure but my Adobe certainly didn't remember pages upon closing.
DOWNLOAD: http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment